Stella Young (24 February 1982 – 6 December 2014) was a comedian, journalist and activist.
Stella Young was a fearless advocate and activist. She was clever and funny and one of Our Watch’s champions for gender equality and eliminating violence against women. She was instrumental in helping to shift the misconceptions and stereotypes about disability.
— Our Watch Chair Natasha Stott Despoja acknowledges Stella Young's contribution as an Our Watch ambassador.
- Appointed September 2014
- Comedian, journalist and activist
- Editor of Ramp Up, ABC Online, a space for news, discussion and opinion about disability in Australia
- Member of the Victorian Disability Advisory Council
- Member of the Ministerial Advisory Council for the Department of Victorian communities and Women With Disabilities Victoria
- Two-time state finalist in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival’s Raw Comedy competition
- Host of Australia’s first disability culture program, No Limits
- Worked with the Youth Disability Advocacy Service to establish the LiveAccess project, advocating for better access to live music venues